This information applies to Premium SIM cards
The FreedomPop Messaging app is not required for calling or texting, and in fact may cause problems with the functionality of your device. Because the Premium SIM card relies on native cellular voice services, the FreedomPop Messaging app is unnecessary. Please remove it from your phone. Click here for with uninstalling your app.
This information applies to older, Legacy SIM cards
If you're having trouble with calling or texting, complete these troubleshooting steps. All calls and text messages are handled through the FreedomPop Messaging application. Closing the app and restarting it can resolve a lot of calling and texting problems.
Steps for Android devices
- First tap on Settings
- Then search for the Apps or Application Manager option
- Tap on Apps or Application Manager
- Find the FreedomPop Messaging application from the list of apps and then tap on it
- Tap on Force Stop and click YES or OK when prompted
- Then click Clear Data and click YES or OK when prompted
- Don't see Clear Data? Click on Storage, then select Clear App Data
- Try once more, to make or receive a call or text.
Steps for iPhone devices
For iPhone, you will have to remove the application from your phone and then download it again
- Press and hold your finger on the FreedomPop Free Talk and Text application
- Wait until all of the apps on your screen start to shake
- A small "x" will appear next to your applications
- Click the "x" that appears in the corner of the FreedomPop Free Talk and Text application
- This will delete the application. Click yes if asked to confirm the deletion
- Now press the home button to stop your apps from shaking
- Tap on the App Store icon and search for FreedomPop
- Install the FreedomPop Free Talk and Text application once again
- Try once more to make or receive a call or text.